Buttery Garlic Shrimp

I ate these juicy buttery shrimps at this sea-food restaurant called Rayan in Ottawa and fell in love with them at first sight. Earlier I could not digest the fact of eating shrimps with their shell on, but I had to change my mind. I tried cooking them at home and they turned out just exactly the same as the restaurant style.  The best thing of all is that you can cook them in 3- 5 minutes. I have made this dish with jumbo tiger shrimps earlier, but these wild red shrimps from Costco are even better. I used pink salt for this recipe for its mild flavour, but you could just use normal salt. Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
Wild Red Uncooked Shrimp (big size) - 6 
Pink salt as required
1 Garlic Clove (large)
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Parsley chopped
2 - 3 tbs Butter 

Method:
1. Clean wash and drain the shrimp. They already come deveined with the shell on. So just trim the legs and do not remove the shell.

2. Melt butter on medium heat in a wok. Stir fry chopped garlic in butter till it leaves an aroma.

3. Toss in the shrimps, sprinkle pink salt and ground black pepper.

4. Turn over and cook for 3-5 mins till they turn opaque and start curling.

5. Add chopped parsley, toss and remove quickly. Do not over cook them as they will become tough and rubbery.

6. Serve hot with vegetable fried rice and enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love garlic shrimp!! Your recipe sounds delightfully easy peasy. I'll be making it soon. ) joandsue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you about how my recipes turned out. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions in the box below or leave a message through the contact form.